Even of us who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can often profit from ride-hailing companies like Uber and Lyft.
When you depend your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward once you use one in all these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default cost technique. The playing cards close to the highest of the checklist deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards packages and value-added perks. So take a while to evaluate all of your choices.
Greatest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For finest outcomes, select your most popular Uber card from this checklist and designate it as your default Uber cost technique.
When you personal a small enterprise or earn ample earnings as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business credit card, designate your most popular enterprise card as your default cost technique for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not stated journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
$300 Annual Credit score Towards Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is one of the best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and ideas as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
When you make no different journey purchases along with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium travel rewards credit card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their total journey credit score on ridesharing fares. But it surely’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% price of return once you redeem for journey bookings by way of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend a minimum of $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s price as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, inns, and different journey purchases by way of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are categorised as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn a vast 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by way of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are price $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed person payment per further person, per 12 months. There isn’t a international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a couple of dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Take pleasure in complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn invaluable perks at high-end inns and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when accessible
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per 12 months ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Express appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) in opposition to Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 per 30 days for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll wish to have a backup Uber cost technique for those who plan to spend considerably greater than $15 per 30 days on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most popular steel Card design: basic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked straight with airways or by way of American Categorical Journey and pay as you go inns booked by way of American Categorical Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, present playing cards, money again, normal merchandise, and particular experiences provided by Amex companions. Redemption minimums usually begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are normally price $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions provide one of the best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $695. There’s no licensed person payment or international transaction payment. See rates & fees for extra data.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline payment credit score that’s good in opposition to purchases with the airline of your alternative. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a number of the world’s most luxurious inns, and automated Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes price on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That stated, until you have got quite a lot of globe-trotting workers, you’re most likely not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber expenses annually in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by way of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most well-liked card are price $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent larger return, relying on the redemption technique.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Once you spend a minimum of $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is price $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or normal merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), delivery, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn a vast 1 level per $1 spent on the whole lot else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, present playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are price $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There isn’t a international transaction payment or payment for extra licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a couple of dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, doubtlessly magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Take pleasure in travel insurance and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most well-liked isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and presents a pleasant worth increase on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent larger return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, price as much as $750 on journey bought by way of Final Rewards, once you spend a minimum of $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for journey bookings made by way of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This feature values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace present playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual payment is $95. There’s no payment for extra licensed customers and no international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to collaborating journey companions (a couple of dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a unique kind of bank card, and it’s price studying our full evaluate (linked beneath) for extra on precisely what meaning. Once you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, mechanically redeemed to your account each day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s at present no sign-up bonus. Examine the issuer’s web site for the newest bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or companies on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by way of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is mechanically redeemed to your account daily.
- Key Charges: There isn’t a annual payment or international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not frequent within the bank card world.
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is likely one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards in the marketplace. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, daily, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% price of return on Uber spending once you redeem factors for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is price $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at inns.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: One of the simplest ways to redeem is for assertion credit in opposition to prior journey purchases at a per-point price of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace present playing cards, normal assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual payment is waived throughout the first 12 months. There isn’t a international transaction payment.
- Different Perks: Take pleasure in $100 off your World Entry or TSA PreCheck software payment, plus a number of procuring and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automotive rental protection.
Methodology: How We Choose the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards
One of the best bank cards for Uber rides additionally are usually one of the best bank cards for different kinds of journey purchases. However every card on this checklist has some vital options and capabilities in frequent. These are an important ones we thought of when placing it collectively.
Reward Price for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards packages deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for those who reward them above and past most different kinds of purchases.
Reward Price on Complementary Purchases
We additionally have a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases usually. A very powerful complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and normal journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing companies after they’re out in town or touring removed from residence.
New Cardmember Bonus
Many of the playing cards on this checklist provide enticing bonuses for brand new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as one of the best Uber bank cards (and one of the best journey bank cards usually) are usually beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual payment, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place potential, we favor playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
One of the best Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few provide direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward price, however those who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card presents for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this checklist.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
When you’re nonetheless uncertain about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we’ve got solutions to some frequent questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nonetheless, usually, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or wonderful credit score, together with many playing cards on this checklist. When you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO score is far beneath 700, you will have hassle qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Greatest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, one of the best Uber bank cards have annual charges, typically in extra of $250. One of the best Uber bank card with out an annual payment is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares nearly all the time qualify as normal journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, test the superb print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as normal journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, usually qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure cost technique, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Client Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber shopper bank card is not accessible. Whereas that is little question disappointing to Uber followers, this checklist reveals simply what number of alternate options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And for those who drive for Uber, you possibly can reap the benefits of the newer Uber Pro Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas one of the best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Categorical isn’t a nasty alternative both for those who can hold your Uber spending at or close to $15 per 30 days.
When you spend greater than $200 to $300 per 30 days on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber lovers can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by way of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in apply, Uber spending received’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ total journey credit score allowance.